There are two safeguarding mandatory modules on the e-Learning for Health (e-LfH) website that need to be completed for entry to either the Medical Performers List (MPL) or satisfactory completion of the programme.
Registration on the e-LfH website requires:
- An NHS England email address (this is not usually issued until the clinical placement is confirmed and inclusion to the MPL has been confirmed by NHS England regional team)
- Existing candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access
- Register through the GPNRO (this is done at the closing registration date for the MCQ)
Access to the e-LfH website will be valid for 12 months.
Guidance for accessing the mandatory e-learning modules is available in this handbook.
To join the Medical Performers List applicants are required to complete the following three mandatory modules on e-LFH:
- Safeguarding children level 3 (if not already completed within the past 3 years with evidence of refresher training in the past year)
- Safeguarding for adults level 3 (if not already completed within the past 3 years with evidence of refresher training in the past year)
- Resuscitation update within the past year
These pages are not mandatory but are essential reading and help for doctors coming to the UK.
Additional modules are available including:
- e-Learning for GP (a programme covering the RCGP curriculum. Each module is made up of reflective and interactive sessions to support preparation for appraisal and revalidation)
- Information governance
- NICE guidance
- Safe prescribing (for foundation doctors)
- Shared decision making
- Supporting self-care
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
You may find doing some of the other modules will be very helpful. We have highlighted the ones we think are really useful (Blue) and others that are also helpful (red) and the rest are on topics you might find of interest (black) - other modules.