THE USE OF THIS PORTFOLIO IS ESSENTIAL TO RECORD AND DOCUMENT YOUR LEARNING AND TO ALLOW YOUR SUPERVIORS TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED REPORTS TO THE LOCAL HEE LEADS AND THE MEDICAL DIRECTOR AT NHS ENGLAND.
As an doctor participating in the Health Education England Induction, Refresher or International GP schemes you have full access to all the Fourteen Fish learning tools and also a dedicated on line Learning Portfolio to document your development in.
The recording of your learning on-line is important as it allows your supervisor to review and feed back on your progress and goes on to form the basis of your reports that are shared with the Local HEE Leads and importantly the Medical Director (RO) at NHS England who has the final responsibility for your approval to work as an independent GP with out any Medical Performers list conditions which are part of the I,R&IGP schemes.
When you register with the National Recruitment Office you will be given access to all the I,R&IGP on line learning rescorses which include e-Learning for Health, NICE Guidelines, the BNF, the RCGP e-learning website, Self-Test and also the fourteen Fish (14F) website
Once you register with 14F you will have access to the following I,R&IGP dedicated resources
- MCQ module
- Simulated Surgery modul
- On-line clinical knowledge video
- A protected discussion forum to allow you to communicate with other doctors in the I,R&IGP programmes with feedback to questions from 14F advisors
- An IGP portfolio to document your programnme which allows reports to be prepared leading to the completion and signing off of your programme
There are two reports that your Edcuational supervisor will need to complete
- The end of Prepartory Phase report. This means the RO can add your name on the Medcial Performers list (MPL) with conditons to allow you to be fully inducted in the clincla phase of the IGP programme and begin to see and manage paptients
- The end of programme report, the Work place Based Assessment report which needs to be compiled to show satisfactory completion of the IGP programme and allows the RO to remove the conditons on your MPL enter so from then you can practise as an NHS GP
IGP Preparatory Report
To access your e-Portfolio from the 14F “Dashboard” click on the Trainee Portfoio Link shown below
Then select the IGP Portfolio link as shown below
To give your supervisor access to your portfolio activate the Trainer access section as below
You will be asked to provide their details below and they will be sent email access.
In some placements you may have more than one Supervisor, all you need to do is add a second or third individual to this section