There are three mandatory modules on the e-Learning for Health (e-LfH) website that need to be completed for entry to either the Medical Performers List (MPL) or satisfactory completion of the I&R scheme.
Registration on the e-LfH website requires:
- An NHS England email address (this is not usually issued until the clinical placement is confirmed and inclusion to the MPL has been confirmed by NHS England regional team)
- Existing candidates can email email@example.com to request access
- Register through the GPNRO (this is done at the closing registration date to the MCQ)
Access to the e-LfH website will be valid for 12 months.
Guidance for accessing the mandatory e-learning modules is available in this handbook.
During the I&R placement applicants are required to complete the following three mandatory modules:
- Induction for international and returning GPs
- Safeguarding children level 3 (if not already completed)
- Safeguarding for adults
Additional modules are available including:
- Induction for international doctors
- e-Learning for GP (a programme covering the RCGP curriculum. Each module is made up of reflective and interactive sessions to support preparation for appraisal and revalidation)
- Information governance
- NICE guidance
- Safe prescribing (for foundation doctors)
- Shared decision making
- Supporting self-care
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare