Your route to join or return to NHS general practice in England
What’s on offer?
- A bursary of up to £3,500 a month whilst you are on a placement
- Help towards indemnity costs and other fees worth £1,714
- No assessment fees for first time applicants
- Access to a dedicated account manager
- Options to complete most parts of the scheme before moving back to England, if you are living overseas
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you have NHS experience or not, our GP Induction and Refresher Scheme is designed to provide a safe, supported and direct route for qualified GPs to join or return to NHS general practice in England.
The scheme can be tailored to meet your needs, experiences and personal commitments, and it has lots of new features with more planned from April 2017 to make things simpler and easier for you. Once you’ve registered for the scheme you will have access to your own dedicated account manager to guide you through the process. That’s not all, there’s more financial support too.
So if you are joining us having never worked as a NHS GP, or coming back to general practice after a break, you are welcome. Registering for the scheme means you will be joining or coming back to one of the most rewarding, challenging, flexible and diverse careers in medicine.
Watch our animation or download our brochure to find out more about the scheme and what’s involved.
Got a question? Read our FAQs.